EYE HEALTH EDUCATION
for Busy Parents
Life never slows down for busy parents. It doesn’t matter if you have one child or 10—there never seem to be enough hours in the day! If this sounds like your hectic schedule, then you need eye health products that provide convenience and efficiency.
Dry, uncomfortable contact lenses just don’t work for anyone who has a hectic schedule, especially parents who want to focus extra time and energy on their families. As a parent, you will find ACUVUE™ RevitaLens Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution (MPDS), formerly Blink RevitaLens® Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution (MPDS), to be the friend you need for your lifestyle. Its formula delivers brilliantly clean and clear contact lenses, conditions your lenses to maintain surface moisture, provides clear vision and provides end-of-day comfort
Here are some tips for better eye hygiene and comfortable lens wear during your hectic days.
FOLLOW A CONTACT LENS CARE ROUTINE
- Follow the same eye care routine every day, and encourage other family members to do the same. This will help keep you more compliant with your lens care and eyelid hygiene regimen.
WASH HANDS, EYELIDS & CONTACT LENSES
- Always wash your hands before handling your lenses. Rub, rinse and disinfect your lenses each time you remove them and always handle the same lens, the right or the left, first in order to avoid mix-ups.
- Do not expose your lenses or lens case to tap water, bottled water, distilled water, lake water or ocean water. For emergency situations, keep a travel-size bottle of ACUVUE™ RevitaLens Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution (MPDS), formerly Blink RevitaLens® Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution (MPDS), on hand or at the office. Do not use saliva or put lenses in your mouth to rewet; make sure to have lubricating and rewetting drops on hand.
REMOVE & REPLACE CONTACT LENSES
- Always remove your contact lenses before swimming, showering or entering a hot tub, as the water can contain contaminants.
- Rinse your lens case after each use and allow to air-dry. You should replace your contact lens case every one to three months to ensure that your contacts lenses stay clean.
PREVENT EYE IRRITATION
On those long, hectic days, a lubricating eye drop will help keep your lenses hydrated. Try Blink Contacts® Lubricant Eye Drops.
- Use water-based cosmetics while wearing your lenses. Always insert your lenses before applying make-up, and take them out before removing your make-up.
PROTECT EYES FROM SUN DAMAGE
- While outside enjoying your children’s recreational activities, always protect your eyes from the sun by wearing sunglasses that provide protection from both UVA and UVB rays.
For further information about eye health, visit www.aoa.org , the official Web site of the American Optometric Association.