As a busy professional and business traveler, you know how having dry, irritated eyes can affect your comfort level while flying, driving or just sitting in front of a computer. Experts say that the air in a plane flying at 35,000 feet can be as dry as the desert! And did you know that your eyes blink less when you are working on a computer? That’s bad enough for professionals in general, but can be downright uncomfortable if you are wearing contact lenses. Dry air or infrequent blinking causes eyes to lose moisture. Contact lenses become dry, and your eyes are scratchy and irritated as a result. Eyelids and eyelashes can become dry and irritated as well. Red, puffy eyes are not the best way to make a professional impression!
As a contact lens wearer, Blink RevitaLens® Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution (MPDS) will give you the help you need. Its advanced technology formula delivers brilliantly clean and clear contact lenses, conditions your lenses to maintain surface moisture, provides clearer vision and provides 16+ hours of end-of-day comfort. Blink RevitaLens® Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution (MPDS) delivers effective cleaning and robust disinfection, removing protein and other deposits that commonly accumulate during lens wear. The result is brilliantly clean and comfortable contact lenses to wear anywhere, at 35,000 feet or in the boardroom. A Clean Contact Lens Is a Comfortable Contact Lens!
To clean, moisturize and soothe eyelids and eyelashes, which can become dry and irritated during travel, include Blink® Lid Wipes as part of your healthy eye habits. Its unique formula removes oil, debris and crusting from eyelids and eyelashes, and chamomile soothes irritation. Blink® Lid Wipes are suitable for contact lens wearers and require no rinsing. Just Wipe and Go!
Here are some recommended tips to protect your eye health and comfort during a busy schedule.
- Always wash your hands before handling your lenses. Rub, rinse and disinfect your lenses each time you remove them and always handle the same lens, the right or the left, first in order to avoid mix-ups.
- Do not expose your lenses or lens case to tap water, bottled water, distilled water, lake water or ocean water. For emergency situations, keep a travel-size bottle of Blink RevitaLens® Multi-Purpose Disinfecting Solution (MPDS) on hand or at the office. Do not use saliva or put lenses in your mouth to rewet. While on the go, use a lubricating eye drop to help keep your contact lenses moisturized and more comfortable such as Blink Contacts® Lubricant Eye Drops.
- Always remove your contact lenses before swimming, showering or entering a hot tub, as the water can contain contaminants.
- Not all contact lenses should be worn during sleep. Each contact lens has specific requirements for wearing. Unless directed by your eye care professional, do not sleep with your contact lenses in.
- Rinse your lens case after each use and allow to air-dry. You should replace your contact lens case every one to three months to ensure that your contacts lenses stay clean.
- It can be difficult to schedule eye exams with a busy travel schedule. Resist temptation and do not wear your lenses longer than prescribed. If you can’t replace them on time, wear glasses until you can.
- Eyelid hygiene is important in promoting eye health. Including Blink® Lid Wipes as part of your daily eye health regimen will give you fresh and clean eyelids every day.
For further information about eye health, visit www.aoa.org , the official Web site of the American Optometric Association.