WHAT MAKES BLINK-N-CLEAN® UNIQUE?
Over the course of the day, a film of protein and other material can build up on your contact lenses, irritating your eyes and clouding your vision. Blink-N-Clean® Lens Drops do more than just moisturize your soft and permeable (RGP) contact lenses. Its dual cleansing formula gently removes build up and moisturizes your contact lenses while you wear them.
- Keeps your lenses feeling fresh and your vision clear
- Instantly moisturizes dry lenses
- Provides convenient & gentle in-eye cleaning
Blink-N-Clean® Lens Drops contains the ingredient Tyloxapol which can gently remove debris* and material that can cause irritation and discomfort.
For soft & RGP lenses.
Available in .5 fl oz bottle
*Debris in this context refers to particles that are not supposed to be present on the contact lens, such as degraded lipids.
Instructions for Use and Important Safety Information
Download Instructions for Use PDF
For use with soft contact lenses, including disposable, daily-wear and extended-wear lenses, and rigid gas-permeable (RGP) contact lenses.
Blink-N-Clean® Lens Drops is a sterile, isotonic, buffered, preserved solution. This aqueous formulation includes purified water, sodium chloride, preserved with polyhexamethylene biguanide 0.0001%, tromethamine as a buffer, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose as a lubricant, tyloxapol as a surfactant, and edetate disodium as a chelating agent. This preparation contains no chlorhexidine, no thimerosal and no other mercury-containing ingredients.
Blink-N-Clean® Lens Drops lubricates and rewets lenses, helps prevent protein film build-up and helps remove particulate material that may cause irritation and/or discomfort. Use Blink-N-Clean® Lens Drops to promote lens cleanliness during wear, to rewet lenses before insertion and lubricate lenses during wear to moisten and reduce lens friction against the cornea. When wearing extended-wear lenses, use Blink-N-Clean® Lens Drops to moisten lenses before retiring and upon awakening.
Blink-N-Clean® Lens Drops is indicated for use to lubricate and rewet soft contact lenses, including disposable, daily-wear, and extended-wear lenses, and RGP contact lenses.
CONTRAINDICATIONS (REASONS NOT TO USE)
If you are allergic to any ingredient in Blink-N-Clean® Lens Drops, do not use this product.
PROBLEMS WITH CONTACT LENSES AND LENS CARE PRODUCTS COULD RESULT IN SERIOUS INJURY TO THE EYE. It is essential that you follow your eye care professional's directions and all labeling instructions for proper use and care of your lenses and lens care products, including the lens case. EYE PROBLEMS, INCLUDING CORNEAL ULCERS, CAN DEVELOP RAPIDLY AND LEAD TO LOSS OF VISION. Daily-wear lenses are not indicated for overnight wear and should not be worn while sleeping. Clinical studies have shown the risk of serious adverse reactions is increased when these lenses are worn overnight. Extended-wear lenses should be regularly removed for cleaning and disinfection or for disposal and replacement on the schedule prescribed by your eye care professional. Clinical studies have shown there is an increased incidence of serious adverse reactions in extended-wear contact lens users as compared to daily-wear contact lens users. Studies also have shown the risk of serious adverse reactions increases the longer extended-wear lenses are worn before removal for cleaning and disinfection or for disposal and replacement. Studies also have shown smokers had a higher incidence of adverse reactions. It is recommended contact lens wearers see their eye care professional once a year or, if directed, more frequently. To avoid contamination, do not touch the dropper tip of the bottle to any surface. Replace cap after using.
- Keep bottle tightly closed when not in use.
- Store at room temperature.
- Use before the expiration date marked on the bottle and carton and discard solution 90 days after opening.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
ADVERSE REACTIONS (POSSIBLE PROBLEMS AND WHAT TO DO)
The following may occur:
- Eyes stinging, burning or itching
- Reduced sharpness of vision (visual acuity)
- Excessive watering (tearing) of the eyes
- Blurred vision
- Unusual eye secretions
- Sensitivity to light (photophobia)
- Redness of the eyes
- Dry eyes
If you notice any of the above, IMMEDIATELY remove and examine your lenses. If a lens appears to be damaged, do not reapply; consult your eye care professional. If the problem stops and the lenses appear to be undamaged, follow the “Directions” below, before reapplying the lens.
If the problem continues, IMMEDIATELY remove your lenses, discontinue use of all lens care products that contact the eye and consult your eye care professional. If any of the above occurs, a serious condition such as infection, corneal ulcer, neovascularization or iritis may be present. Seek immediate professional identification of the problem and obtain treatment, if necessary, to avoid serious eye damage.
To lubricate and rewet your lenses and to help prevent and remove protein build-up, apply one or two drops to each eye and then blink several times. Use up to four times per day.
If you require more frequent in-eye use of Blink-N-Clean® Lens Drops to maintain comfortable lens wear, this may signify a condition that should be evaluated by your eye care professional.
GOOD LENS CARE PRACTICES
- Follow your eye care professional's instructions.
- Always wash, rinse and dry your hands before you handle your lenses.
- Rub, rinse and disinfect your lenses each time you remove them.
- Always handle the same lens, the right or the left, first in order to avoid mix-ups.
- Do not expose lenses or lens case to tap water, bottled water, distilled water, lake water, or ocean water.
- Do not swim, shower or use a hot tub while wearing soft contact lenses.
- Do not use saliva or put lenses in mouth to rewet.
- Do not wear lenses longer than prescribed.
- Do not transfer contact lens solution into smaller travel-sized containers. The sterility of the solution will be impacted and can lead to serious eye infection.
- Discard any soft lens that is damaged or dehydrated.
- Avoid using aerosols when wearing contact lenses.
- Discard any remaining solution in your contact lens case before disinfecting your lenses again. Rinse your lens case with fresh solution and allow the lens case to air dry.
- See your eye care professional at least once a year.
Blink-N-Clean® Lens Drops is supplied in sterile 1/2 fl oz (15 mL) plastic bottles. The bottles are marked with the lot number and expiration date.